An Art Gallery of Every Manufacturer - Agents and Distributors
Agents and Distributors are one of the best players in the game of business. The following blog discusses what an agent and a distributor are and what are the distributors business opportunities; how their function in the manufacturing world can help boost one's sale. The nuances of the functions of agents and distributors are explained in detail so as to give one a clear idea on how they can accelerate their sales.
In the arena of business, there are two important players: agents and distributors. Every company that manufactures products for sale takes two approaches in order to bring their products or their items into the light of recognition in the market. In order to illustrate the first approach, a scenario is played out.
Imagine yourself in an art gallery. You’re facing a painting, a magnificent one at that and you’re curious to know about the artist and various other details that could possibly concern the painting. You spot a person who goes into the details of the painting that you are interested in. The person has scored. You are entranced by the painting and decide to buy it. In the aforementioned example, the person being referred to is the agent. The agent makes sure to highlight the products and manage one’s company’s business affairs. Business agents spend a majority of their time in discussing and negotiating contracts with their clients.
Using the metaphor played out earlier, the adored painting is sold by the painter to a distributor who will, in return, resell these products at a profit rate to the consumers. Otherwise known as agents and distributors who, as mentioned before, buy the manufacturer’s products and resells them. This is usually done to use consumers in their own business and operations. One is probably wondering about the prospects of having an agent and distributor services. Who are looking for distributorship opportunities? What exactly is the point of using agents and distributors?
When you provide agents and distributors opportunity to showcase your products, these nuances are always considered:
• Expenses: One of the advantages of employing an agent and distributors is that one can see their products or their services being sold and at the same time, avoiding the expense of maintaining a sale force. This allows the manufacturer to channel the capital into other streams that may require a larger budget and more work.
• Experience: Agents have a lot of experience hence, they can bring out better results in one’s company and this inherently ensures one a long-lasting career that has the constant bonus of success.
• Saves Time: Employing an agent ensures lesser time spent in negotiating products with potential buyers. This factor is dependent on the fact that agents have a lot of prior experience and hence have more fluidity in their manner of negotiating with potential buyers.
• Hike in sales: All the above points are an obvious indicator to the huge hike in sales that can be estimated when one hires an agent.
As the aforementioned points illustrate, hiring an agent ensures a lot of positive happenings. Let’s look into the nuances of hiring a distributor. How does hiring a distributor benefit, anyone?
• Ensured Customer Base: It should be a point to note that hiring a distributor comes along with a promise that all established distributors have good relationships with a customer base of sellers and resellers, thereby ensuring that one’s product is a sure goner in the hands of a good distributor. Do we need to talk about the hike in sales that comes along with a good customer base?
• Expertise: A common point that can be used verbatim when it comes to hiring an agent and distributors is the topic of expertise. Hiring an experienced distributor would mean the promotion of products that are a novice to the field of business in a much more effective way. Again, this ensures better sales results and profit.
• Storage: The need for physical premises is a topic that is quite ignored in the business world. Having a distributor by one’s side would ensure lesser physical space that would inherently be required to store one’s products. This ensures that there is a smooth movement for products to be sold.
• Wider Distribution Channel: One's sales accelerate when their product reaches a wider consumer audience thereby making significant financial savings. How does one make savings through this? Having a distributor means having a wider distribution channel. Having a distributor also means not requiring additional premises (as mentioned before) or additional staff.
It should be understood by now that in order for a company to flourish, it is ideal for them to hire agents and distributors to aid them in their journey to financial and social success. Franchise Bazar has its fair share of distributors and agents like Puncture Lock, Konyak Tea, Kryp Media and the list goes on. These distributors and agents execute all the advantages listed above to its fullest potential.
Climbing up the ladder in the business world can be quite a hard one. Make it easier by heading to FranchiseBazar to find your best agents and distributors and enjoy the journey to success!
By Resham Daswani
Burger, a fast-food dish savored by all age groups, has a taste that makes your palate tingle. Although this typical American dish has won the hearts of many worldwide; India is breaking records...
All entrepreneurs looking to start their journey in the education sector and looking for top preschool franchise opportunities in India should join the EuroKids campaign, which was started to encourage all aspiring entrepreneurs to take up the...
By Thanuja Shri
Delhi, the bustling capital city of India, is a hub of education and learning, attracting students from all over the country. The increasing number of competitive exams that students take up every year has...
By Thanuja Shri
India’s second most populous city is a land of vast opportunities for entrepreneurs looking to start a new business. Which city do you think has the second most population in India? Yes, that's...
Why Should I Register?You are seeking to access information which is provided only to registered members. It takes less than a minute to register and access information on FRANCHISEBAZAR.