Top 10 food franchises to start in Bangalore in 2024
Written By: Yukta Palekar
Food franchises are rapidly growing globally, particularly among young generations due to their convenience and quick availability. The Indian food industry is experiencing a 40% annual growth rate, making it a significant growth centre for international fast-food franchises.
The brands offer excellent franchise opportunities for scaling up their operations. Franchise Discovery can assist investors in selecting the right food franchise brand based on their budget and helping them grow their business by understanding franchise concepts and connecting them with the chosen brands.
Popular food franchises will open in Bangalore
Salado, a major brand in India's healthy food sector, is capitalizing on the rising demand for nutritious choices because of greater health awareness, disposable money, and changing lifestyles. The brand's salads and healthful food options are noted for their quality, freshness, and unique offerings. Salado also offers franchisees a complete support system that includes training, marketing aid, and operational direction.
Salado delivers an appealing potential for entrepreneurs in the healthy food business, with a low investment need and significant profit margins. To make an educated decision, aspiring franchisees should perform extensive research, seek advice from existing franchisees, and read the franchise disclosure document.
Range of Investment: Rs. 50000 - 1Lakh
Kentucky Fried Chicken (KFC)
KFC, a renowned fried chicken chain, has over 4000 global locations, including over 749 in India. To establish a KFC franchise in India, one would need to set aside INR 50 lakhs for a convenient location and INR 1 crore for a non-conventional one, with a total cost of INR 1.5-3 crore.
With over 4000 locations worldwide, KFC remains a top food franchise in India.
KK Thali is a well-known Gujarati restaurant in Rajkot, noted for its varied and delectable cuisine. The restaurant serves Fulka roti, kadhi, rice, shaak/sabzi, and desserts and is in Hotel KK Beacon. It also offers premium table service as well as endless meals.
The historic architecture and superb flavour of the restaurant make it a favourite among people who like traditional Gujarati food. Because to its great service, fascinating setting, and beautiful ambiance, KK Thali has increased in popularity.
The restaurant provides back-office assistance and corporate team visits on a regular basis, and its employees are educated to give services with hand gestures even during hectic hours. This makes it an excellent commercial food franchise in India.
Range of investment: Rs. 15Lakhs to Rs. 20Lakhs
The Waffle Co is a well-known waffle brand in Hyderabad, serving a wide range of delectable waffles, pancakes, thick shakes, and French fries.
Founded in Delhi, they have swiftly spread across India, with over 12 stores and aspirations to extend PAN-India. Classic waffles, chocolates, jewels, strawberry, kit kat seasonal, and mango are all on the menu.
The brand's goal is to deliver a wonderful experience for people of all ages while concentrating on customer happiness.
They are founded on a store-franchise concept, and their devoted workforce is committed to creating actual sales.
To grow, the firm is giving franchise possibilities in India and inviting enthusiastic entrepreneurs to join them on this adventure.
Range of investment: Rs. 15Lakhs to Rs. 20Lakhs
Tibbs Frankie, founded by Amarjit Singh in 1969, is one of the cheapest fast-food franchises in India. With over 300 stores across 15 cities, it has gained popularity over time.
The initial investment for a franchise is INR 5-12 lakhs, and a 75-150 sq. ft. area is required for setting up the outlet. With over 300 stores across 15 Indian cities, Tibbs Frankie is a great choice for food franchises.
KAILASH PARBAT, one of the earliest Multi-Cuisine Restaurants, began in the 1940s as a roadside Halwais. It has evolved into a prominent Indian restaurant with 20-40 franchise locations globally. The Mulchandani brothers began their company in Karachi, Pakistan, but then relocated to India, where they established KAILASH PARBAT in Bombay in 1952.
The company serves a wide range of North and South Indian Chinese food, making it a popular choice for people of all ages.
Investment range: Rs. 1 crore to Rs. 2 crores
Moti Mahal, a rapidly expanding restaurant business, is a monument to Tandoori cuisine's heritage, a culinary creation passed down through centuries.
Moti Mahal has been redefining palates since 1920 and delivers the greatest quality and efficiency in the business.
Moti Mahal is a globally renowned name as one of the world's largest restaurant franchises.
Entrepreneurs may take advantage of its outstanding assistance, license to operate under a well-known brand name, strong ROI, and expected development in the restaurant business.
Range of investment: Rs. 30-40 lakhs
Sandwich Binge is a hygiene-certified restaurant that serves only fresh products from reputable suppliers.
They separate themselves from other restaurants by emphasizing quality and client pleasure.
Their inventive and devoted workforce helps them achieve their long-term goal of being the biggest trusted and premium family restaurant.
Takeout, cafés, and restaurants are among their concepts.
Investment range: Rs. 2 lakhs to Rs. 5 lakhs
Haldiram's is a renowned Indian brand known for its namkeen and sweets, with over 80 stores in 80 countries.
To set up a Haldiram's store, the investment depends on the store type, with a total investment of INR 30-35 lakhs for namkeen and sweet stores and INR 1-4 crores for fast food restaurants or casual dining. An online business loan can be applied via FlexiLoans.
Kathi Nation, a prominent Indian fast-food chain, has made a huge influence in the business by providing high-quality snacks in both vegetarian and non-vegetarian cuisine. Kathi Nation, founded in 2017 by the Skyland Group, has grown in popularity because to its affordable QSR (Quality Service Restaurants) and culinary competence.
The Kolkata-born company has developed from a tiny cafe to a well-known name in the capital city. Before launching outlets, Kathi Nation does significant research and seeks to give business prospects in tier 2 and 3 cities. The organization is built on enthusiasm, extensive expertise, and a strong commitment in providing clients with healthy options.
Range of investment: Rs. 15Lakhs to Rs. 20Lakhs.
Factors to Consider When Starting a Food Franchise in Bangalore
- Budget Planning: Determine overall budget, including materials, staff, royalty, and franchise fees. Conduct thorough financial analysis for initial investment and projected revenues.
- Market Research: Analyse product demand and target audience. Research various brands and their business models.
- Competition Analysis: Evaluate competition to identify profitable opportunities.
- Financial Evaluation: Assess initial investment, fees, and potential cash flow. Utilize online business loan calculators for MSME loan eligibility.
- Legal Compliance: Ensure adherence to highly regulated industry standards in India. Review franchise agreement, trademark registration, and usage rights.
- Tax Implications: Consult with a tax expert to understand and comply with tax laws.
- Training and Support: Choose franchisors offering comprehensive training and support. Assess support in site selection, marketing, and ongoing operations.
- Business Prospects: Evaluate the franchise's market recognition and innovation. Consider tech-savvy options with aligned expansion plans.
- Future Planning: Select a franchise with a vision for future growth. Ensure the franchisor's expansion plans align with your business goals.
- Well-Informed Decision: Combine all factors to make a strategic and well-informed investment decision. Aim for a successful venture with a recognized and competitive food franchise.
India Food business Market Overview
- Segmentation: Classified by food service type, outlet, and location.
- Driving Factors: Increasing willingness to experiment with new cuisines and dining experiences. Growth of specialized restaurants offering unique and innovative dining.
- Popular Cuisines: Indian cuisine remains popular, including Lebanese, Chinese, and Japanese. Sushi orders increased by 50% from 2019 to 2021.
- Market Growth Drivers: Rising popularity of eating out. Changing lifestyles and increased urbanization.
- Consumer Preferences: Over 45 million Indians preferred eating out in 2021. Approximately 24% of the Indian population identified as vegetarian in 2022.
- Vegan Offerings: Foodservice players adapting by offering vegan menus. Quick service restaurants like Burger King, Pizza Hut, Taco Bell, and KFC introducing vegan dishes.
- Cloud Kitchens: Growth driven by increased demand for food delivery services. Factors include busy lifestyles, convenience, and the impact of the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Digital Platforms: Swiggy and Zomato play a key role in providing a convenient way for customers to discover and order from cloud kitchens. Enables cloud kitchens to reach a broad customer base without extensive marketing.
- Expected Growth: Cloud kitchens anticipated to register the fastest growth during the forecast period. Predicted CAGR of 16.67% by value.
Setting up a food franchise business in Bangalore needs far more than just a small investment. You must conduct extensive study to determine which franchise is best for you. This would need considering a variety of elements affecting the company's income stream.
Register at FranchiseBazar to obtain answers to all your queries as we assist you in selecting the best brand for your food company in Bangalore!
Q.1. What is the size of the Bangalore food business market?
Bengaluru's organised food service sector is the third largest in India, valued at Rs 20,014 crore, according to the NRAI India Food Services Report - 2019. In Bengaluru, the average monthly expenditure per family on eating out is Rs 3,586, which is more than the national average of Rs 2,500.
Q.2. What are some of the drawbacks of having a franchise?
Because of the ever-increasing demand in this market, owning a food franchise is advantageous. However, some constraints of this company include a costly initial investment, sharing your financial data with your franchisor, and adhering to the franchise laws. At the same time, additional expenditures such as royalties may be incurred.
Q.3. What other expenses should I be aware of when purchasing a franchise?
When studying the franchise agreement, keep an eye out for expenditures such as royalty, franchise, advertising, marketing expenses, renewal, equipment, inventory, legal, training, and other miscellaneous charges.
Disclaimer: The brands mentioned in this blog are the recommendations provided by the author. FranchiseBAZAR does not claim to work with these brands / represent them / or are associated with them in any manner. Investors and prospective franchisees are to do their own due diligence before investing in any franchise business at their own risk and discretion. FranchiseBAZAR or its Directors disclaim any liability or risks arising out of any transactions that may take place due to the information provided in this blog.
Written By: Divisha Pandey
Written By: Divisha Pandey
Written By: Divisha Pandey
Written By: Nitika Jindal