Why Biba is the Best Retail women's wear Franchise to start in India 2024?
Written By: Yukta Palekar
Clothing businesses may be difficult and time-consuming to establish. However, franchising lets you swiftly get up and running with an established concept. Here are brand prospects to examine if you want to go into the apparel retail market.
BIBA Apparels Private Limited (BIBA) has been a prominent figure in the Indian fashion landscape since 1986. With a focus on dressing and embellishing women, the brand has consistently delivered contemporary ethnic fashion that is both stylish and affordable. The name "BIBA" itself holds cultural significance, being a Punjabi term for a young and pretty girl, reflecting the sublime qualities embedded in the brand's identity.
About Biba Franchise Brand Overview
- Biba is a prominent Indian fashion brand renowned for its specialization in ethnic wear.
- With a nationwide presence, Biba operates multiple stores, establishing itself as a go-to destination for individuals seeking diverse and stylish traditional clothing.
- Biba boasts a diverse product range that includes traditional Indian attire such as kurtas, salwars, dupattas, churidars, Patiala suits, and jumpsuits.
- The brand keeps its offerings fresh and exciting by regularly introducing new collections, with highlights like the Wedding collection and the Haryanvi kurta collection.
- Biba employs a competitive pricing strategy, catering to a broad spectrum of consumers by offering varied pricing for different types of products.
- The brand strategically provides timely discounts on popular e-retailing platforms like Myntra and Flipkart, aligning with market trends and competitor offerings.
- In addition to accessible pricing, Biba positions itself in the high-end market with exclusive, designer products, collaborating with renowned figures like Manish Malhotra.
- Biba's distribution strategy is robust and inclusive, featuring a pan-India multi-channel network.
- The brand's footprint extends to 150+ stores spread across 70 cities, ensuring accessibility to a diverse consumer base.
- Beyond standalone stores, Biba products are available in major retail chains, solidifying its presence in the offline retail landscape.
- The brand has embraced the digital era with a significant online presence on popular e-retailers such as Myntra, Flipkart, Amazon, and Jabong.
- Biba's commitment to digital extends to its proprietary website and online portal, providing a seamless shopping experience for customers.
Sales and Payment Structure:
- Large-format multi-brand stores play a pivotal role in Biba's sales strategy, often operating on a sale or return basis.
- Payment dynamics are intricately linked to the actual sale made to end customers, reflecting a customer-centric approach.
Promotional and Advertising Strategies:
- Biba strategically aligns itself with Bollywood by offering merchandised dresses from famous movies, tapping into the allure of celebrity fashion.
- The brand maintains a dynamic presence in the market through innovative marketing campaigns that capture the attention of its target audience.
- Seasonal promotional discounts, especially during festivals like Diwali, Dussehra, and New Year, are part of Biba's promotional calendar, enhancing customer engagement.
- Collaborative advertising initiatives with online distribution partners, prominently Myntra, amplify Biba's reach and visibility.
- Embracing the digital landscape, Biba employs online and social media advertising, with platforms like Facebook used to convey messages, often focusing on societal perceptions of beauty.
- With a deliberate focus on urban and semi-urban women, Biba's advertising efforts aim to resonate with the diverse and dynamic preferences of its target audience.
Global Presence and Customer Base
BIBA has successfully built a worldwide network of customers, emphasizing its global appeal. The brand's tasteful and culturally rich women's wear has garnered attention and loyalty from diverse audiences across the globe.
Biba Franchise Business Model
BIBA's business model involves a stock deposit of 20 lakhs plus interior costs, a franchise fee of 2 lakhs, and a margin of 25%. This showcases the brand's structured approach to franchising, making it accessible for entrepreneurs while ensuring a mutually beneficial partnership.
You can create a well-structured and informative article that delves into the various facets of BIBA's history, product offerings, collaborations, global reach, and business model.
Why Franchise in the Women's Wear Sector?
Global Women's Apparel Market Overview (2023-2028):
- Revenue Projection: The women's apparel market is anticipated to generate an impressive $907.40 billion in revenue by 2023, exhibiting a steady 2.90% Compound Annual Growth Rate (CAGR) from 2023 to 2028.
- Regional Revenue Leader: In 2023, the United States emerged as the primary revenue generator, contributing a substantial $187 billion to the global Women's Apparel market.
- Per Person Revenues: The per capita revenue for Women's Apparel is projected to reach $118.10 in 2023, underlining the individual spending impact on the market.
- Volume Projection: The market is expected to witness a substantial increase in volume, reaching 85.8 billion pieces by 2028. Notably, a 1.5% volume growth is forecasted for the year 2024.
- Average Pieces per Person: The average volume per person is estimated to be 10.4 pieces, providing insights into individual consumption patterns and market penetration on a personal level.
These offer a comprehensive snapshot of the Women's apparel market, encompassing revenue projections, regional contributions, per capita revenues, and volume trends.
Starting a Clothing Franchise in India 2024: Tips for Success
Leverage Popularity: The rising interest in fashion makes a clothing franchise an attractive and low-risk venture for young entrepreneurs, offering lucrative opportunities in a thriving market.
Advantages of franchising:
- Reliable Brand: Franchising provides the advantage of aligning with a well-established brand, minimizing uncertainties.
- Accessibility: Choose a location strategically to ensure both accessibility and affordability, reducing the risk of failure.
Conduct Market Survey:
- Brand Evaluation: Prioritize thorough market research on the chosen clothing brand before investing, ensuring it aligns with consumer preferences.
- Location Selection: opt for a location with high footfall and affordability, mitigating potential losses.
Cost-Effective Outlet Setup:
- Personalization: Keep investment low by personalizing the outlet space. Utilize local artists for decoration or invest in shelves and amenities strategically.
- Volunteer Workforce: In the initial stages, consider seeking assistance from relatives or family to minimize labour costs.
- Cost-Effective Staffing: Clothing franchises often benefit from trained assistants provided by franchisors, reducing the need for extensive hiring.
- Volunteer Support: For startups, consider seeking voluntary help from friends and family until the business gains traction.
Diversify Product Offerings:
- Mass Brands: Increase sales potential by offering a diverse range of styles and items from mass brands, attracting a wider customer base across genders and age groups.
Explore Online Opportunities:
- Cost Savings: Online clothing franchises present cost advantages with no establishment costs or fees. Franchisees typically pay commissions or one-time fees, sharing a portion of revenue.
- Social Media Marketing: Utilize cost-effective social media marketing to promote the franchise without traditional advertising expenses.
- Expense Breakdown: Understand and manage expenses, including franchise fees, commissions, electricity, assistance, salaries, and maintenance.
- Focus on Profit Extraction: Prioritize strategies to keep investments low and work towards profit extraction, ensuring the sustainability of the venture.
Starting a clothing franchise demands dedication, resilience, and strategic resource management. By adhering to these pointers, entrepreneurs can embark on a clothing franchise journey that is both cost-effective and poised for success in a dynamic market.
BIBA company success story
BIBA, the brainchild of Meena Bindra, epitomizes the triumph of determination and passion. Starting as a homemaker with a flair for designing clothes, Meena's journey took a pivotal turn when she introduced readymade churidar kurtas in 1983.
Overcoming challenges in fabric sourcing, her originality and innovation garnered widespread appreciation. As the brand flourished, Mumbai's Benzer fashion store provided a breakthrough, allowing BIBA to move beyond the confines of Meena's home.
Today, with over 180 brand outlets in 76 Indian cities and 275 multi-brand outlets, BIBA is a formidable force in the clothing industry. The company's annual turnover stands at an impressive Rs. 600 crores.
Recognized as the Best Women's Ethnic Wear Brand of the Year at the 2015 CMAI Apex Awards, BIBA's success story is a testament to Meena Bindra's indomitable spirit and the brand's unwavering commitment to excellence.
Aside from Biba the Best Retail – Womenwear Franchise, you may also invest in any of these clothing franchises.
Other Womenswear Franchises To Consider in India 2024
Aurelia is a women's ethnic clothing brand that offers a one-stop fashion destination for Indian wear. Founded in 2009, Aurelia caters to the younger crowd and offers designer pieces and daily wear.
The brand requires an investment of Rs. 15-20 Lakhs, a franchise fee of Rs. 2-3 Lakhs, and a 6% loyalty fee. A nine-year agreement is provided, including training and marketing support.
As of October 12, 2023, there are 371 Aurelia stores in India, with Maharashtra having the most locations, accounting for about 10% of all Aurelia stores. Franchisees with prior business knowledge are welcome to contact the brand for further details.
Allen Solly, a renowned clothing brand, is a top retail fashion franchise in India, known for its contemporary designs and high-quality fashion offerings. Established in 1993, the brand has significantly shaped the style of the contemporary Indian generation.
As of October 11, 2023, there are 281 Allen Solly stores in India, with Maharashtra having the most locations at 37, accounting for 13% of all Allen Solly stores in the country. The brand offers a unique and stylish wardrobe experience, making it a go-to choice for those seeking a unique wardrobe.
FranchiseBazar offers numerous opportunities for women in India to explore boutique and designer boutique clothing franchises. With a growing number of international clothing players entering the country, women entrepreneurs can explore various brands like W Kurtis, W Women's Wear, and Aurelia women's franchises.
These lucrative segments are high in demand and offer extensive profits, making them an attractive choice for women entrepreneurs looking to take a business venture in the clothing industry.
Q.1. What are the most popular clothing franchises in India?
Some of the most prominent apparel franchises in India include Biba, Aurelia, Jockey, Raymond, Rupa Garments, Zara, Siyaram, K-Lounge, and others.
Q.2. Is it profitable to open a clothes franchise in India?
Yes, if correctly founded, the clothing franchise company may be quite profitable.
Q.3. How do I pick the greatest apparel franchise in India?
Consider variables such as brand repute, target market, investment needs, development potential, continuous support, and personal interests when selecting the ideal apparel brand franchise. It is critical to undertake extensive research, examine several solutions, and match them with your company's goals and skills.
Disclaimer: The brands mentioned in this blog are the recommendations provided by the author. FranchiseBAZAR does not claim to work with these brands / represent them / or are associated with them in any manner. Investors and prospective franchisees are to do their own due diligence before investing in any franchise business at their own risk and discretion. FranchiseBAZAR or its Directors disclaim any liability or risks arising out of any transactions that may take place due to the information provided in this blog.
Written By: Divisha Pandey
Written By: Divisha Pandey
Written By: Divisha Pandey
Written By: Nitika Jindal