Why Popeyes is the best Fried Chicken Franchise in India in 2024?
Written By: Resham Daswani
Everyone in the world enjoys chicken, and I'm sure you also do. Chefs in many different cultures have adapted traditional fried chicken to suit regional tastes better. The sector's expansion can be attributed, in part, to the widespread public preference for chicken and, in part, to a profitable business model. So, why not acquire this profitable fried chicken franchise model by starting a Popeyes franchise anywhere in India?
Yes. The famous US Fried Chicken Brand, Popeyes, is available for franchising in India. To learn more about how you can be part of this profitable venture, continue reading our blog.
About Popeyes Fried Chicken Franchise in India: How It All Started
The world's most consumed non-vegetarian dish is chicken. Taste, chicken meals, and accessibility are the main reasons. Over the past decade, India's chicken market has developed rapidly. Many international chicken franchises are entering urban markets. One such brand to have entered the Indian market in January 2022 was launched by Jubilant Foodworks Ltd. [JFL].
In the countries of India, Bangladesh, Nepal, and Bhutan, the company owns and operates Popeyes® restaurants exclusively. With a menu that is uniquely New Orleans and includes the famous chicken sandwich, spicy chicken, chicken tenders, and other regional dishes, Popeyes® has been a staple of the New Orleans food scene since its founding in 1972.
But why did Popeyes choose the Indian market to franchise? The estimated value of India's food services sector is $450 billion. From FY20 to FY25, the organized quick service restaurant segment is anticipated to expand at a 23% CAGR, making the food services industry as a whole one of the most rapidly expanding sectors in the current economic climate.
Like other international brands, Popeye also had to adjust the menu in accordance with the taste and preferences of the Indian palette, yet it looks to be a promising venture as it has plans to expand its footprints across major cities in India within a short span of time.
Things you should know before you invest in a Popeyes Franchise in India
- Although the name may sound like it was inspired by the cartoon "Popeye the Sailor Man," that is not the case. It's often associated with seafarers, but the term actually comes from a different movie character. If you've seen "The French Connection," you've seen the inspiration for the name of a hugely successful film series. Gene Hackman's character, Jimmy "Popeye" Doyle, was the one in question. This movie premiered about the time that Al Copeland was planning to open the first Popeyes restaurant in New Orleans.
- Arabi, a suburb of New Orleans, Louisiana, is where the fast food chain first got its start. In 1972, Al Copeland opened the original eatery. Within another four years, a second restaurant with a location in Baton Rouge would open. Popeyes began as a small fast-food chain in Louisiana and now has franchises in more than 500 locations across the United States. This is fantastic, and it's just the beginning of Popeyes' fascinating past.
- Everyone who doesn't often eat at Popeyes Chicken restaurants has to be made aware of this fact. You're in for a real treat if you like Cajun and Southern-style chicken. Po'boys, jambalaya, red beans and rice, and even hot fried chicken are all on the menu at Popeyes. You won't have to wait long to satisfy your cravings at the Popeyes in your region, and the service is speedy.
Trending: Popeyes continues to expand its footprints in major cities like Bangalore.
Cost To Start a Popeyes Franchise in India
The Popeyes chain eventually found its way to India, and the event that marked its arrival there took place in the month of January 2022. The company opened its lone restaurant in the bustling city of Bengaluru, which is also its headquarters.
Despite this, the expansion was always on the company's radar, and within a single year, 12 additional restaurants were opened in the Bengaluru area alone. In subsequent years, Popeyes also opened a location in Chennai.
If interested entrepreneurs want to start a Popeyes restaurant or franchise in India, they can do so in partnership with the company. The procedure of gaining a franchise involves submitting an application only online. However, it is essential for entrepreneurs to have a basic understanding of the industry.
The investment to start a Popeyes franchise is around Rs 2.5–20 crore.
Pre-requisites for starting a Popeyes franchise in India are:
- Should have strong business experience.
- Expertise in operating a restaurant or owning one is a must.
- Should have a strong commitment to grow the company, keeping in mind quality and brand value.
Wondering who could be your strong competitor in India? KFC, Burger King, and Nando’s could be some of your possible competitors, but if you maintain the brand value, there is no way you will lose out on making profits.
Benefits of Starting a Popeyes Franchise in India
- Growing consumption of chicken: chicken is a non-vegetarian dish that is eaten most frequently around the world. It is permitted in a wide number of diets and can be incorporated into the preparation of a wide range of foods, including wraps, nuggets, and patties.
- People’s willingness to try new flavors: People's taste buds are evolving, and as a result, they are becoming more open to trying new flavours. Some examples of these new flavours include Korean fried chicken and Nashville hot fried chicken.
- Growing consumer market: With a population that has an average age of 28 years, India possesses a big consumer market that is still in the process of evolving. There is a lot of possibility for growth in this sector, particularly as consumers' discretionary incomes increase.
Best Fried Chicken Franchises in India for 2024
The sector has flourished thanks to the public's love of chicken and a profitable business approach. New brands and models have entered the fried chicken franchise business in India, such as.
Three Indonesians started California Fried Chicken with the intention of bringing the flavour of Pioneer Chicken to Indonesia, where they were born and raised. The business continues to adapt to the shifting requirements of its clientele by implementing quality enhancements across the board, including product development, retail presentation, and customer care.
The investment to start a California Fried Chicken franchise in India is between Rs 10 and 15 lakhs.
Since 2008 when it first opened its doors, Bangs Fried Chicken has been a huge success because of the establishment of its basic values, which include offering tasty cuisine in a sanitary setting and keeping prices low. Bangs India is currently in the process of locating qualified franchise candidates in major cities that do not yet have a Bangs India location. The Bangs India chain of kiosks, as well as the company's mission to become the industry leader, got their start recently.
The investment to start a Bangs Fried Chicken franchise in India is between Rs 2 and 5 lakhs.
Chawla's Chicken (Chawla's 2) is one of the largest restaurant chains in India that specializes in Indian cuisine. Chawla's Chicken is an acronym for Chawla's Chicken. It has been operating in this industry for a number of years, during which time it has provided service to millions of food enthusiasts who can vouch for the genuineness and quality of its offerings. On March 17, 1985, Chawla's 2 opened its first store in its new location in Ludhiana.In 1991, the first Chawla chicken restaurant debuted in the picturesque city of Chandigarh, and its popularity quickly expanded throughout Punjab and the rest of northern India.
The investment to start a Chawla’s Chicken franchise in India is between Rs 10 and 15 lakhs.
Funchick serves American-style comfort food. It's based on our industry expertise and designed for Indian tastes. Funchick is a fast-food restaurant with creative and classic recipes. Their secret recipes and seasonings make their food delicious. Funchick Fried Chicken has always prioritized quality and nutrition. Choose from our variety of foods to match your mood or style.
The investment to start a FunChick Fried Chicken franchise in India is between Rs 5 and 10 lakhs.
ChicKing is part of Channel Foods Pvt. Ltd. and Mansor Foods Pvt. Ltd., two well-known Indian companies. ChicKing® started with a simple but determined goal: to build a brand that gives enjoyment, satisfaction, and smiles to our loyal customers worldwide. ChicKing® has become a favorite place for real, excellent fried chicken, fulfilling this goal. ChicKing, a decade-old brand with unrivaled quality, continues to grow.
The investment to start a chicking franchise in India is under Rs 1 crore.
The fast food sector in India is booming as a result of urbanization, rising incomes, and shifting consumer preferences. Indian consumers' penchant for fried chicken presents a promising business opportunity.Everyone loves fried chicken, and its popularity in India is on the rise. Because of its wide popularity, it may be used effectively as a franchise for both young and old alike.
So if you are considering investing in a food franchise, then why not choose FranchiseBazar to help you select the best food franchise anywhere in India that suits your budget? Don’t be late, call us right away!
Disclaimer: The brands mentioned in this blog are the recommendations provided by the author. FranchiseBAZAR does not claim to work with these brands / represent them / or are associated with them in any manner. Investors and prospective franchisees are to do their own due diligence before investing in any franchise business at their own risk and discretion. FranchiseBAZAR or its Directors disclaim any liability or risks arising out of any transactions that may take place due to the information provided in this blog.
Written By: Resham Daswani
Written By: Moni Evangilin
Written By: Divisha Pandey
Written By: Shruti Agrawal