Top 5 Barber Shop Franchise Business Opportunities in India 2023
Written By: Resham Daswani
In India, the market for high-end grooming products for men has grown a lot in recent years, which shows that Indian consumers' tastes and attitudes are changing. This is therefore leading to a growth in the need for barbershop franchise business in India.
In 2022, the men's grooming goods market was worth USD 202.6 billion. From 2023 to 2030, it is expected to grow at a CAGR of 8%. Men's beauty is becoming more than just smell, shaving, and beard care. Brands are making products that men will be more interested in.
Indian men's desire for high-end grooming products and services has grown for a number of reasons. Let us understand the factors leading to the rapid growth in this luxury grooming sector in India.
- Increased awareness about personal care - With the rise of wellness and self-care trends, more and more people are paying attention to how they look and care for themselves. Men are now more aware of how important it is to care for their looks. This has made more people want high-end shaving kits, skincare items, and fragrances.
- Social media influences - Media, like TV and social media, have a big impact on what people like. Indian guys are learning more and more about grooming styles and trends through the media. Celebrities and influential people often promote expensive grooming brands, which makes people want them even more.
- Shift in social media norms- In India, the rules about how guys should look after themselves have changed. Men now care more about how they look and how they take care of themselves. They want items that will help them look and feel their best. Because of this change in attitude, there is now a market for high-end grooming products.
- Increase in disposable incomes - Because the Indian economy is growing and people have more money to spend, more men can now buy high-end grooming products and services. Because of this, they are happy to spend money on high-end grooming brands.
- Retail Stores & E-commerce expansion - India's retail industry has grown a lot, and now there are luxury grooming names in high-end stores and sections just for men's grooming. Also, the rapid growth of e-commerce has made it easier for people all over the country to buy luxury grooming goods.
- Rise in the Use of Technology for Grooming - Hair treatment is no longer just for women because of the metrosexual trend. Shaving is still the fastest and least painful way to get rid of hair. The only problem is that the hair comes back. Some women can get rid of them permanently and painlessly with outpatient laser treatments. Men, on the other hand, like to keep the option to grow them back. Young guys also tend to grow facial hair, which is also a trend.
This new trend in grooming is likely to keep growing, and the scales are starting to tip in favour of guys. Aside from both men and women becoming more aware of self-care, technology and new ideas now rule the makeup and grooming market.
Not only has the industry started to emphasise and show off safe and clean grooming products, but the focus is slowly shifting to making grooming items and cosmetics that use the latest technology.
Top 5 Barbershop Franchises in India to Consider in 2023
Now that we have seen how trends are leading to the growth of the barbershop franchises in India, read on to know the best barber shop franchises in India for 2023.
1. Truefitt & Hill
Truefitt & Hill is a well-known name for British barber shops with a long history. They focus on traditional grooming services and have many locations in India's biggest towns. Truefitt & Hill has always offered only the best products and services for grooming to men who know what they want. Men can look and feel their best thanks to what we have to offer.
In everything they do, men deserve the best. If you're looking for the best in men's grooming products, we're sure you'll find Truefitt & Hill's unbeatable product quality and long history very appealing. Our goods are made with a beautiful mix of rare and refined essences. There is a full line of shaving, fragrance, hair and bath items to help the modern man take care of himself every day.
Trending: Truefitt & Hill is expanding at a rapid pace in India, click the link to know more.
Toni&Guy began as a single unit in Clapham, London, in 1963. Toni & Guy now has more than 400 salons in 45 countries around the world. They hire more than 5,000 people in the UK and more than 2,000 people in other countries. Toni&Guy has been at the top of the hairdressing industry for 50 years.
They were the first to come up with the idea of a professional hairdresser, going above and beyond all industry standards to make their skills available all over the world. At Toni & Guy, it takes each assistant more than three years to become a qualified hairdresser, and the way we train our staff goes above and beyond what the business requires.
Chop-Shop, which opened in 2018, is another grooming shop for men. Since most salons are for both men and women, this shop has a very different approach.
It looks like a cleaning service in North America. They do great work on hair and beards and also offer premium shaves, facials that make you feel refreshed, head rubs, and haircuts for kids.
They have an easy-to-use E-hub where their GBBA level 3 UK-certified barbers offer some of the best training out there. Chop-Shop keeps a close eye on and helps its partners provide the best support and services possible.
4. The Man Company
Being a gentleman is a journey, not a goal. A man should always try to be a gentleman. And if you decide to go from being a Man to a modern Gentleman, The Man Company says it will help you on your way.
At The Man Company, we help you become a better version of yourself by giving you premium grooming essentials and information for the soul to help you with all-around grooming.
Our goal has always been to make the purest and best skin, hair, and body care goods possible. But we don't just give you the best goods in their class that we think will help you look better. We are also very careful about the ingredients we use. All of our products are free of dangerous chemicals and made with natural ingredients and high-quality essential oils that we chose ourselves.
At Jawed Habib, we believe in giving you a complete change. So, we can help you with styling, colouring, beauty, and cleaning. A full-service salon with the best-trained stylists and professional colourists who use Jawed Habib-designed cuts, colour methods, and products to make you look and feel effortlessly sophisticated.
Join Jawed Habib's team to make a difference in the beauty business. Now is your chance to give your guests the full-service salon experience as a whole. You are only a few steps away from making a cosy, relaxing place for hair and beauty services.
Over time, India has become more open to international markets and brands. Luxury grooming brands from around the world have started selling their goods and services in India. Indian consumers who want to look their best like to buy these names because they are associated with luxury, exclusivity, and prestige.
Overall, India's growing luxury grooming industry can be attributed to a number of factors, including economic growth, changing customer tastes, easier access, the impact of social media, and globalisation.
Q.1. Are barbershop franchises profitable in India?
Barbershop franchises can be profitable in India, but the success and profitability of a specific franchise would rely on many things, such as its location, target market, competition, business model, and management.
Q.2. How much does it cost to start a barber shop franchise in India?
Costs to start a barbershop franchise in India depend on a number of things, like where it is, how big it is, how well-known the brand is, and which franchise you choose.
Q.3. How to grow your barbershop business in India via franchising?
To grow your barbershop business in India, you need to have a solid business model to ensure it is ready for franchising and easily replicable. Also, side a well-crafted business plan is required which will ensure all the minute details of the business are entrusted.
The attitudes of men with regard to personal grooming in India have changed dramatically during the previous few decades. Increased focus on self-care and appearance in modern culture can be seen in the booming luxury grooming industry.
Barbershop franchises have unique ideas, a good name, and good ways to sell themselves. It's quick and easy to start your own business under a well-known brand name. A business owner also gets training and help with things like marketing, hiring, management, and business planning.
Get in touch with us at FranchiseBazar to know how to start a barbershop franchise in India, the best men’s grooming salon franchises in India, and the latest barbershop franchise opportunities in India.
Disclaimer: The brands mentioned in this blog are the recommendations provided by the author. FranchiseBAZAR does not claim to work with these brands / represent them / or are associated with them in any manner. Investors and prospective franchisees are to do their own due diligence before investing in any franchise business at their own risks and discretion. FranchiseBAZAR or its Directors, disclaim any liability or risks arising out of any transactions that may take place due to information provided in this blog.
Written By: Divisha Pandey
Written By: Yukta Palekar
Healthcare concerns are a...
Written By: Resham Daswani
Written By: Yukta Palekar